Five things the student unions didn’t protest against in the last 13 years…: "
1) That Labour cut the number of schools each year.
2) That pupils were shepherded into ever-larger schools.
3) That, although the budget trebled, class sizes hardly moved.
4) That the attainment gap between private and public schools grew to become the largest of any country except Brazil (Source: OECD )
5) And all at a time when the supposed funding per pupil was soaring…
Moral: cash doesn’t help schools. Reform does.