Quote of the Moment
"All really great things happen in slow and inconspicuous ways." Leo Tolstoy


Thursday 23 January 2014

Persistence

"Humankind cannot bear very much reality."
T. S. Eliot

Hmm... Well yes indeed.

I don't know about this blogging lark. The objectives that were set down in the past to motivate me into doing it are still there - namely, the creation of opinions, the improvement of my writing style and a method of catharsis - but in the end it just didn't work. My opinions didn't really matter, my writing and command of the English language didn't really develop and my psychology spiralled to the point where I am now.

That said, my fingers have pressed these keys and the mouse strayed to the 'Blogger' link on my bookmarks bar. And THIS blog post is largely to blame.

"Persistence." The context of a struggling writer within the blog post isn't exactly important. It is the description of the struggle that is. The persistence to work through the blocks that our minds and the world at large create. To persist despite a world that fails to recognise you and a mind that is failing you. Finally that to give up is not necessarily the end and holds no relevance to what you can do in the future.

I have two projects I am working on at the moment that are linked.

1) Hiking the E8 from Dursey Head  on the south west coast of Ireland to Dublin.
And.
2) Writing some sort of book - either a simple guide, or something more thought provoking - of the above walk.

I suspect that I will get around to blogging about them both in the near future. :)

No comments: